9 Views

Sugarless gum is killing dogs and the FDA has finally noticed

A lot of human food is not meant or safe for dogs to eat. Sometimes what seems harmless can severely hurt or kill our pets. One particularly common ingredient in human foodstuffs is especially dangerous.

Xylitol, a sweetener used in sugarless gum and various other products, can kill dogs, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The agency has received multiple reports of canine deaths and violent illnesses after eating breath mints, toothpaste, mouthwash, chewable vitamins, and some baked goods known to contain the substance.

Get Email Updates!

Signup now and receive updates on new articles.

I agree to have my personal information transfered to MailChimp ( more information )

We will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Posts

Have Questions About Dogs? Get Answers Here

Is your dog full of mischief? Has he made a habit of chewing shoes or furniture in your home? Maybe a little behavior training is in order. Take a few minutes to review this article and learn more about being a good dog owner. Just as you need an annual physical exam, dogs do as […]

Dog Owners Of All Ages, Listen Up!

Being a dog owner is not easy. Dogs need to eat, exercise, and be groomed to be happy. Not all the steps to proper dog care are intuitive. This article is a great place to get started acquiring dog ownership know-how. Your dog speaks to you, but it is through non-verbal cues. Your job is […]

ethylene glycol poisoning kills two dogs in Utah

Ethylene Glycol Poisoning: Early Warning Signs Could Save Your Dog’s Life

A family in Ogden, UT, brought their two dogs to the vet after ethylene glycol poisoning. The two pets, 9-year-old Marley and 1-year-old Autumn, were experiencing seizures, vomiting, and uncontrollable defecating. At the vet’s office, the dogs were tested for poisoning. Marley’s results came back positive for a chemical called ethylene glycol, while Autumn’s test […]